1. The Great Coat: I’ve never seen a coat this color, let alone in my size. It’s gone now and will be on the list of things I regret not buying. Just like that Goyard wallet in Paris, that Folk raincoat in London and that pair of Rachel Comey loafers I saw a kid wearing in Kansas. Coat by rag & bone.
2. Wool hat: I got to handle this beaut at the Pop Up Flea at the Wittmore booth. I fell in love and walked away. Commitment issues, man. Hat by Ian Velardi.
3. Grey sweater: It’s the first thing I reach for when I’m packing my weekend bag. It’s the one thing I forget to dry clean, too. Sweater by S.N.S. Herning.
4. Scarf shnarf: The thing I like about scarves and accessories is that, done right, they can be the oomph that ties an outfit together. Striped woven scarf by Etro.
5. Light-to-medium-wash denim: I’ve been wearing a light-medium wash because I’m not ready to cave to winter’s dark shades and cool temps. 484 straight-leg denim by J.Crew.
6. Wallabees: One of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own. I’ve recently converted a few others to wearing them, and these are guys who wouldn’t normally grab a pair. Not bros either—just normal dudes with normal jobs looking to not wear sneakers. Wallabee boots by Clarks.
7. Zipper wallet: Consider the zipper wallet like a pair of briefs, sometimes you just need a little more support. Wallet by Comme des Garçons.