- Harry S. Truman: Buck stops here, yo. And our 33rd President? A resident of Independence.
- Albert Pujols: Cardinals first baseman. He went to Fort Osage High School and the local community college, Maple
- Jesus slide: I’ve been here before….on a class field trip.
- Meth Capital of the World? What? Maybe.
Then it snows. Then it’s sunny again the next day to melt the snow, followed by another snow.
We proudly roll our chinos occasionally. Gotta keep up with the times. Wanna learn how? Check out the Gilt MANual.
Shawl-collar cardigan ($60) by J.Crew; deadstock tie (eBay, lot of seven for $14); khaki pants (Urban Outfitters, $60) by Paul Frank, chestnut Longwings (thrifted, $4), size 10; “The Paulie” Chambray three-quarter sleeve shirt (Standard Style, $90) by Baldwin Denim.
If you tumble, check out our tumblr: www.themidwestyle.tumblr.com
And by work, I mean, I visited sorority girl houses. I dressed for the occasion and needed to blend in. Know your audience, right? Red and blue tie? Sure.
WHAT THE CLUTCH: When you wear slim jeans like I do—the only kind that look good on my frame mind you—squeezing a wallet or an iPhone in your pocket completely kills the profile. I carry this aged leather clutch as my big wallet. Essentially, it holds my wallet, Field Notes, iPhone, pens and keys perfectly. Go ahead and hate on, haters, but the pouch is convenient for me.
- Brando was kicked out of high school for riding his motorcycle through the halls.
- He was the named the fourth Greatest Male Star of All Time by the American Film Institute.
- Brando was one of Time’s 100 Most Important People of the Century.
- He quit production of a movie to devote his time fully to the civil rights movement.
- Oh yeah, he was Vito Corleone. No big deal.
To send you into the weekend: I came across this bag through one of the many generous giveaways over at the Art of Manliness. They were raffling this incredible briefcase from Saddleback Leather, so I entered on a lark and won. Since then, it’s become a prized belonging, although I wish I’d stuck with the large size they sent instead of exchanging it for something smaller. I was thinking I would use it as a briefcase, when it actually works better for me as a weekend bag.