Lollapalozza is here this weekend in Chicago. Bands, booze and babes. Need we say more?
Also, if you’ve been inside any retail stores lately, you know that Fall stuff is rolling in, right? Well, now is the time to grab all that summer swag you’ve been dying to get your hands on:
- J.Crew just added more items to their sale, along with the take additional +% off. Also, show ‘em your student ID. You’ll get an additional discount.
- Speaking of student discount, Club Monaco also gives you an additional discount on swag, too. I nabbed a pair of shorts last week for $25 when it was all said and done.
- For the designer savvy, Opening Ceremony is having a ridiculous sale. Most of it is at 70% off. Just make sure you know your size in that brand and you should be golden. It’s absurd.
- Lastly, Unis’ entire webstore is marked down like crazy. Up to 75% on certain items.
Ok, just one more thing we’re excited about that’s coming to Chicago: Topman.
In preparation of the opening of the Topshop/Topman store, they’re doing a pop-up truck for Lollapalozza. Rad, no?
|Shirting, shorts and shades by Topman. (White legs by a lack of sun.)
Like the rest of Chicago, we’re excited for this brand to be coming to the city. The Topman/TopShop truck is going be driving around for Lollapalozza with a truck full of goods…and probably babes.
Who: Topman. And don’t worry ladies, Topshop will be there, too.
When: Friday, August 5 – Sunday, August 7 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where: Grant Park and around town!
How: Follow them on Twitter to find out where the truck is located. (@TopmanUK) (@Topshop)
It’s boots like these that will forever have me preaching the eBay gospel, ladies and gentlemen. Is it too early for boots? Perhaps
. But when I saw these bad boys on eBay while doing some pre-fall bargain hunting, I had to pull the proverbial trigger (get it?). After all, for the price of about four Chipotle burritos (and I’m talking steak burritos here, or barbacoa, depending on my mood) plus shipping, how could I go wrong? You’re right, I couldn’t. Now, I’m sure all of you calculus teachers out there have done the mental math, but for those that haven’t, the purchase came out to a little over $30, shipped. That’s, like, ¥2400 for all ya’ll in Japan!
Not bad for some vintage cap toe Cable and Co. work boots, handcrafted in Italy. They’re used, weathered, and scuffed, which only adds to their appeal. Those contrasting brown suede panels on the uppers are pretty out of the ordinary. Plus, those who are weary of workwear are shifting toward the Italian influence, right? BUT WAIT! You forgot about – *dun dun dun!* – Italian workwear.
On Cameron: thrifted s/s madras shirt (Wild Man Vintage, $7) by Royal Knight, size medium; grey chinos (J. Crew, $65) by J. Crew, size 31; “Preston” eyeglasses (online, $95) by Warby Parker; cap toe work boots (eBay, $30 shipped) by Cable and Company, size 10
Some of you are probably thinking, “Who is this guy again?” After all, it must feel like you haven’t seen me in a month of Sundays. Where have I been, you ask? Long story short, I spent about four weeks in the smokey hills of North Carolina, making new lifelong friends and perusing the city of Asheville in a 12 passenger van. It was an incredible joy, but I’m also pumped to be back in Kansas City, at the Midwestyle office. And no, that doesn’t actually exist. Or does it?
FIRST THINGS FIRST:
The newest additions to my closet are a few Gitman Vintage shirts that I scored at a freshly opened Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th at Legends Outlets in Kansas City, Kansas
. With the combination of some opening-event special discounts and a few other tricks, I ended up scoring two for about a hundred dollars. Considering they both retail for around $165 per, it felt like Christmas. Or my birthday. Or like I was stealing something.
My favorite part about wearing or using something over and over again is to see how well it ages. My Vans, Baldwin Denim, and Duluth Pack are all developing their own characteristics that make putting them on or throwing it over my shoulder a different experience week to week, month to month. I love products that have the quality and longevity to take on a distinct life of their own (note: those are also the products I’m also willing to shell out more cash for). Sorry mom, I know I should be saving, or something like that (note #2: my mom reads the Midwestyle religiously. You da best, mom!).
In other, unrelated news, I lost my Timex and Corter for Japan bracelet somewhere in the state of North Carolina. That said, I find myself in between watches and without any leather on my wrist, the feeling of which, I must say, I had grown quite fond of. The search has begun for replacements. Like this. And this. More suggestions are welcome.
If you really need someone to explain to you why Clint Eastwood is a badass, then you are simply not an American. Or maybe you’re just not a very good one. Anywho, since many thick, leather-bound books have been written about the life and work of Mr. Eastwood, lets take a look at some of the lesser known facts about the Hollywood legend.
- While Eastwood is frequently depicted smoking cigarettes in his films, he is in fact a life-long non-smoker. He also abstains from hard liquor, opting instead for cold beer.
- On top of a rather strenuous exercise routine, Eastwood is known for practicing exceptionally healthy eating habits and Transcendental Meditation.
- Eastwood, once a licensed pilot, was rather notorious for flying his helicopter to the studio to avoid traffic.
- Box Office Mojo claims that Eastwood’s films have collectively grossed somewhere north of 1.68 billion dollars domestically. If you’re as desensitized to numbers as I am, it helps to look at this way: $1,680,000,000.
- Eastwood originally intended to study music theory after honing his skills as a ragtime pianist in high school. His passion for music never declined and he eventually began composing scores for his own movies, including Mystic River and Changeling, whose score was nominated for a Golden Globe.
- He has seven children, by way of five different women. This may or may not come as a surprise, but he is oft described as a womanizer.
- Eastwood is currently married to California news anchor Dina Ruiz. She is 35 years his junior.
Age is just a number.
- Speaking of age, he lost his virginity at 14.
Eastwood has appeared as an actor in over 60 films. He has over 30 directorial efforts. Hes amassed 4 Academy Awards, 3 Golden Globes, and dozens of other recognitions and nominations for his acting, directing, producing, and score compositions. In short, Eastwood’s career will stand as one of the most impressive in film history. You know what they say, they just don’t make ‘em like they use to.
Jeff buys a suit and Seth steals Jeff’s clothes. Everything is right.