Well, you need to protect it, so you might as well dress it with style.
Second batch: Obviously, the fun ones.
Pros: Hello, everyone needs a Marauder’s Map.
Cons: Nothing. You win—you just win.
From top left: Harry Potter “Marauder’s Map” iPhone case by Warner Bros; “Canal Street” iPhone case by Jack Spade; “Ping Pong” textured iPhone case by inCase (on Gilt!); rubber camouflage iPhone case from J.Crew; “Pantone” iPhone case by Pantone; silicone cassette tape from Amazon; basket weave iPhone case by Chilewich; cork iPhone case by Case Mate; old-school calculator iphone case from Perpetual Kid.
Breaking in the Baldwins.
Also, the best part about the hood is the copper wire that is embedded around the edge of the hood, so you can pry that puppy around your sweet little face and it won’t fly back when the wind/haters are in your face.
Christmas came early with J.Crew’s Black Friday sale.
As well as this past weekend’s Renegade Craft Fair over in Wicker Park.
Loads of goodies to be found and bought.
On Jeff: “Bedale” waxed jacket with snap-on hood by Barbour; obnoxious button-down by Gant Rugger; glasses by Gant Rugger; the slim-straight “Henley” selvedge by Baldwin Denim; “8878” moc boot by Red Wing. Accessories: Canvas tote by Filson; Timex “Weekender” with bright yellow nylon strap; brass Giles & Brother railroad spike cuff; sterling silver arrow cuff; deadstock latch bracelet with holes.
- Our guy Brad Bennet (Well Spent) has been killing it. He’s guest blogging for Details (1 and 2). And in case you missed it, he published a fantastic gift guide: “40 items, all socially responsible, and all under $40. Don’t miss it. (Start here.)
- A couple of thoughtful takes on last week’s shopping madness and why—let’s be honest— you should avoid Black Friday and, oh, organize a family football game instead. (via Put This On and Real Men Real Style)
- Haven’t been, but this looks promising: Caleb Gardner has started a get-together for guys in a bar in Chicago. It ain’t about sports, and it ain’t about picking up chicks. It’s about manning up. Check out the Q&A. (via Man Up Chicago)
- A throwback, but some wise words about spending and thrift—but nary the twain shall meet. (via Effortless Gent)
- And finally, the non-style component: Hampton Stevens’ take on the “sitcom that loves Middle America.” That’s right. Parks and Rec. (via The Atlantic)