Category Archives: giveaway
And the lucky dogs who’ll be scribbling their chicken-scratch on Christine Cover’s tremendous stationery are:
- From Twitter: @ChrisFidz. Get at us, brother!
- From Facebook: Daniel Garber, check yo’ messages.
- From the comments: Dillon, we hope your cousin enjoys the card. Whiskey and sea turtles are really the only things worth talking about anyway. Email us your address, and we’ll have it sent out post haste!
Until next time, friends.
You’re doing well, right? Great. Things are getting about to get a little better.
We love you and we want you to have rad things.
More importantly, we want you to be able to giverad things.
You know, to your friends, family, lovers and lovers that your friends, family and lovers don’t know about yet.
A bit about her
: Christine is a friend of ours from way back in undergrad who doodles and draws the quirky things that pop up in her brain. We spent many nights on her porch, bugging her and her roommates for home cooked meals. We picked up the booze; they cooked the meals. Most nights began with the preface of “I swear, we’ll do homework! I have a test tomorrow.” Yet, homework usually took the backseat. Long talks and banter took precedence as we presided over the the shenanigans on Wilson Street. Glory days, guys. #COLLEGE.
She’s a talented singer and songwriter, lovable friend, crafty artist and painter and the list goes on. When’s she’s not doodling, she’s traveling and singing. (See also: gypsy.) Currently, Christine is making cards under the moniker “Another Half-Eaten Sandwich” and pursuing an MFA in Art Education at the University of Missouri in her hometown.
Clockwise: “Ties of the Week,” “Penny Loafers,” “Fancy shirt,” “Moped,” “Bow Tie” and “Flask Me Anything!” postcards.
UPDATE: Don’t forget to “like” the Coach Men’s Facebook page! Extra props for tweeting at @Coach and @TheMidwestyle, too.
These giveaways just keep coming, eh? And there are even more on the way.
A household name for decades, Coach wanted to reward you guys, our readers, with a new bag as midterms end, new jobs begin and the seasons change. We leapt at the chance, of course. Earlier this year, Coach teamed up with The Sartorialist, who did his usual good work photographing stylish urbanites carrying Coach’s latest Legacy Series collection. Have a look:
- What you’ll get: The tote pictured above.
- Contest starts: Now, October 18, 2012.
- Contest closes: Sunday, October 21, 2012 — at 11:59:59 p.m.
- Announce winner: Monday, October 22, 2012
HOW TO ENTER:
We’ve been fans of Coach
for quite some time, and we know firsthand just how well their product holds up over time. Here’s Jeff’s
recently acquired Coach backpack:
And Seth’s Legacy Field Bag has become an instant favorite:
Hell, it only gets better as the leather ages and softens, as you can see from the vintage Coach finds we’ve stumbled across. What are you waiting for? Let’s hear it!
Hey, you. Yeah, you.
We’re betting you’ve heard the name by now. But if you haven’t, Indochino is an online company that makes custom suits based on your personal measurements. The result is a garment that fits like a glove. The process works pretty smoothly, but purists have scoffed about the fact that you don’t go in for measurements or fittings. We get that—if you measure incorrectly, alterations (or worse) can be a pain in the ass.
It turns out that Indochino gets this, too. So, they’re coming to town to take all the guesswork out of the equation. If you’ve held off because of unfamiliarity with how to measure, or just plain apprehension, this is your chance to get a closer look.
Here’s how this will work: The Indochino team is setting up shop in Union Station’s Great Hall from August 14 to 20. There, they’ll take your measurements and walk you through a suite of customizations from lapels to lining to monograms.
The Vital Info:
When: Tuesday, August 14 to Monday, August 20. (8 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
But now, we’d like to hear what your experience is like—and you’ve got the chance to show us.
- You’ve obviously gotta be able to get yourself to Chicago sometime between August 14 and 20.
- Tell us why you need this suit and how you’re going to put it to good use. Do this by tweeting your answer to us @themidwestyle with the hashtags #SuitUpCHI and #MWSgiveaway (so we can get a bird’s-eye view of the entries.) It’s important that we can get a hold of you so we can set you up with an appointment.
- One entry per person. We’ll pick a random winner and get you outfitted.
- Contest ends on Sunday (August 12) at 11:59 p.m.