Yeesh. Already so late in the day. But never too late for an end-of-the-week wrap-up you can blow a whole Friday afternoon on. So, first thing’s first:
Word is that Max will be debuting the Yosemite Shirt in collaboration with Taylor Stitch. Which looks a little something like this:
So, uh, come by and say hi. From the looks of this lineup, it looks like you can knock, oh I don’t know, ALL of your Christmas shopping. See you there, suckers.
Oh, and in case you’re looking for some quality reading to kill the rest of your Friday, check it:
- Our guy Brad Bennet (Well Spent) has been killing it. He’s guest blogging for Details (1 and 2). And in case you missed it, he published a fantastic gift guide: “40 items, all socially responsible, and all under $40. Don’t miss it. (Start here.)
- A couple of thoughtful takes on last week’s shopping madness and why—let’s be honest— you should avoid Black Friday and, oh, organize a family football game instead. (via Put This On and Real Men Real Style)
- Haven’t been, but this looks promising: Caleb Gardner has started a get-together for guys in a bar in Chicago. It ain’t about sports, and it ain’t about picking up chicks. It’s about manning up. Check out the Q&A. (via Man Up Chicago)
- A throwback, but some wise words about spending and thrift—but nary the twain shall meet. (via Effortless Gent)
- And finally, the non-style component: Hampton Stevens’ take on the “sitcom that loves Middle America.” That’s right. Parks and Rec. (via The Atlantic)
Now go knock out the weekend. Aim for the face.
A throwback, but some wise words about spending and thrift—but nary the twain shall meet. http://www.effortlessgent.com/when-to-spend-vs-when-to-save/
A splendid week is ahead of us up in Chicago. It’ll be a weekend of pumpkin-patching, porched-in-beer-drinking and shenanigans around the city.
- Also: Seth and I got invited to gab about #menswear and #blogging by the rad people of Laundry Magazine at the Grow Here Workshop. We’d love to see you there!
Here’s a batch of things that I’ve been enjoying lately.
If you’re in the Midwest, drink that beer.
If you’re in Barnes & Noble, buy that magazine.
If you get dragged into Anthropologie by your girlfriend, buy that candle.
(I go willingly, whatevs.)
What’s happening in the style commune:
Despite our trickery in the past, we will really be tearing things up here
this weekend. Bonus.
So, in honor of Mizzou’s 100th Homecoming this weekend (and hence the 100th Homecoming ever, since, you know, Mizzou invented it
), a photo from our archives
Enjoy your weekend. We know we will.
Around the interwebz:
- The folks over at Fossil created a rad graphic and featured us on their blog. (Fossil)
- Ryan shoots a little mixer at Connect featuring Outlier. [You_Have_Broken_The_Internet]
- It’s cooling down. We definitely want to throw this on our
mattresses on the floor beds. (Pendleton)
- Great new winter gear over at Need Supply, Wharf, Apolis and Steven Alan.
- Put This On gives their weekly eBay round-up. Stock up on some well-loved gear that needs a good home! (Put This On)
- Really nice belts for a really nice price. (Well-Spent)
- What’s neater than toddlers and selvedge denim? Toddlers in selvedge denim. (Baldwin Denim)
Is it Friday already? Guess that means we’ll be living it up here
this weekend. Hope you see you there.
In the meantime, in between reading poignant profiles of Steve Jobs
, here are just a few style-related stories you should check out:
- “No one really thought about why glasses were so expensive.” The founders of Warby Parker explain how they subverted the eyewear industry and brought us spectacles that don’t break the bank. (via Racked via Time)
- Rugby brings the Tweed Run to New York City. Get thee to the streets. (via Marion Brewer)
- And the funniest thing you’ll read today: Chelsea Fagan for Thought Catalog on what the hell is going on with street-style photography. (via Marion Brewer)
That’s all. What? You’re still here? Go. Go on.