- On Tuesday, I put together a look-for-less spring guide for MadeMan.com. Check it out if you need to upgrade your style but don’t have the scrilla.
- In their second annual “How To” edition, Business Week asks Michael Kors how to dress for work.
- Go Green (Jesus is Doing it Pt. 37): We can’t get over these handwoven hammocks from Yellow Leave (take 30%). There are also craft syrups, vinegars, teas, soaps and scents on the site (up to 50%). This is for the beauty of the earth, y’all. (At Huckberry.)
- Yo, 30% is the new 20%. Lands’ End Canvas is having a sale. (Get on it.)
- Spring sale at Original Penguin. (25% off.)
- Mid-season sale at ASOS. (Up to 50%.)
- We put this together in a hurry. Know of a sale that we don’t? Post in the comments.
- One of our favorite editors, Shani Silver, asked us to put together a spring do/don’t guide for Chicago dudes. It’s up today. (Refinery 29)
- A week too late to be of any help for my suit-buying excursion, GQ came out with the most comprehensive guide to buying a suit we’ve seen in a while. During an informal poll, 100 percent of our lady friends agreed that this is the most important thing men need to know about dressing these days. Repeat: No more baggy suits! (GQ.com)
- Up to 50% off at the J.Crew Factory. (J.Crew) UPDATE: Extra 30% off with code SHOPNOW. (Thanks, Tyler.)
- A bevy of awesome gear at Huckberry, including bullet-shaped headphones (take 30%), swim trunks (take 40%), running sandals (?!) (take 20%) and stainless steel combs from Chicago (take 20%). Go get ‘em! (Huckberry)
- Lands’ End Canvas is having a spring sale. Take an extra 20% off items already on sale. (Lands’ End Canvas)
- An Aussie’s read on the dilemma of American pants: The nation needs to tighten up the crotch a bit. [Park & Bond]
- Turns out, David Beckham is a pretty down to earth guy. Talented athlete, stand-up husband, caring father and…underwear designer. Mr. Blasberg sheds some light on these skivvies. [Mr. Blasberg]
- “I look like an apple left in the back of the van for all of July.” Also, does the fist-to-elbow really work for people? Some relatively insightful thoughts on age, personal style and what goes with that. (Raises glass) To Peacocking! [via Selectism]
- Do you know the key to recovery after bawling your eyes out so it looks like you never did? Let someone your younger sister’s age tell you the facts, friends. I mean, not that you’re crying or anything. [RookieMag]
- Savannah Kvist asked Swedish college students to cram everything they own in a pile. The sculptures were fascinating and brings a question to mind, “Could I do that?” Yes, I do actually. Just look in my room right now. [Inhabit]
- KNIVES. These are dope. The designer at Big Rock Forge designs and smelts these babies himself. Get ‘em.
- TOMAHAWKS. From Base Camp X. For 10% off. I mean, come on.
- CAMPING GEAR. Are you sensing a theme yet? This time 24–40% off from Alite Designs. Get some.
True/False makes people do wondrous things. If you enter the weekend (a.k.a. Camp Brainwash) feeling rosy and positive about the world, you will leave it with a new, deeper understanding that not everything is as it seems.
Be sure to get over to Huckberry for a rad new sale curated by menswear wunderkind Marisa Zupan of The Significant Other. Here’s what you can get your greedy little paws on:
- Boots from Brooklyn Bootworks at 50% off.
- Skincare from the Motley at 30% off.
- NYC-made ties from Graham Withers, at 35% off.
- New Jersey-made oxford and chambray shirts from Individualized at 40% off.
- And handcrafted bags from Skinny Vinny at 25% – 30% off.
This all ends Tuesday, March 6. Don’t miss it.