Elaboration on how to write a good note, pick good stationery, etc. — based on the positive response from the Father’s Day post.
Or, if your Pops is cigar man, a nice bundle of his favorite stogies would probably please him more than anything. And if he’s a seasoned smoker, try getting him something he’s never smoked. He’ll love you even more for finding his new cigar of choice.
First up: Shoes by Florsheim. Like these raisin and black Markhams ($112), these bone and chalk-pink saddle shoes ($221.25), or these black and cognac buffalo leather Jareths ($75). On a budget, baby. I love duo-tone anything. Best of both worlds.
Second: If your guy is an accessorizer, this wrap bracelet will look amazing as it ages—1/4 Triple Wrap Cuff (Need Supply, $48) by Billy Kirk. Or how about a wooden wrist watch (Canoe, $85)? If none of that is your jam, this distressed barn-wood hip flask (Etsy, $18.95) might be a good bet.
Recommended Reading: Max Wastler’s series on last year’s Father’s Day over at AllPlaidOut.com.
Now get outta here and show some love.
SNEAK PEEK AT WHAT’S TO COME:
Earlier this week, Cam and I did a photoshoot with Scout Photo (@scoutphoto) in Kansas City. Here’s a snippet of what’s to come in the coming weeks of some of our fresh summer looks.
Also, we have 776 followers on Twitter. Let’s go ahead and bump that up to 800, shall we?
Moving on to our FRIDAY WRAP-UP:
We love our friends. They’re doing great things. We particularly love our friends in the Midwest who are in the middle of some exciting stuff we’d like to mention:
- Jessica of What I Wore (@WhatIWore) is releasing a book in a month. You should pre-order it. I did. (Bloomington)
- Jena of The Style Tribe (@The_StyleTribe) and ChiCityFashion (@ChiCityFashion) is a finalist in a great competition that is bringing a little more love to Chicago. Check it out here and cast a vote her way. (Chicago)
- Jessie of The Concrete Catwalk (@concretecatwalk) celebrated her second year of the Concrete Catwalk and just put some fresh finds on her shop, The Spice Rack. (It’s women’s apparel, but I want this woven belt anyway and this hilarious sweater.) (Kansas City)
- Anna of Annaruna (@Annaruna) restocked her etsy shop of handmade bow ties. Let’s make her sell out again and put up some more great patterns and prints. Give her something to do this summer, right? (Kansas City)
- Baldwin Denim (@BaldwinDenim) revealed a couple previews of the Baldwin Denim flagship store that is opening this Fall on the Baldwin Denim Blog. They also restocked their “Selvedge & Leather Wallet” that was featured on Selectism. It’s also Made in America. Right on. (Kansas City)
What’s the purpose of a crotch shot in menswear style blogging?
The purpose of a crotch shot is to show the intersection of the various patterns, textures, prints and styles colliding at a central point.
FACT: That central point is usually the crotch.
- Drew Jones Art
Congrats to the winners, and to the rest of you: Be sure and enter next time. We think the interns have learned their lesson. If pulling outhouse duty doesn’t teach them, I don’t know what will.