July’s Dose Market, by all accounts, was a smashing success. The place was packed with loads of people—farandaway more than last time—possibly wooed by the promise of a complimentary Grant Achatz cocktail. We hear (and hope) there’s more menswear coming in the future.
I’ve been looking all summer to find a pair of tribal shorts. Sure, I could make a pair from some thrifted deadstock Zubaz, but I’ve yet to get my hands on a sewing machine in Chicago.
Instead, we stumbled across these from FLC International. Limited edition and handmade? Do I have your attention?
HOW TO: WEAR TRIBAL SHORTS
- Shoes: Pair them with a summery shoe, like an espadrille or a boat shoe. Hell, even a moccasin.
- Shirt: Go neutral with this one. A nice oxford button down goes a long way in your closet. Mix it with denim because…well, you can.
- Accessories: Leather belt, canvas bag, maybe something with hemp if you’re feeling liberal.
Jorge Shorts: We’re excited about these bad boys. A great fit for the slim or regular build. They’ve been rolled twice and will really fit on any build. Seth tested them on his soccer player thighs. I tested them on my runner’s thighs. Also, the Jorge Shorts have a nice medium rise so you can kick coin slot dryness to the curb.
- Want more summer accessories? I cut and braided some faded yellow leather into strips and used my big brother skills. Summer zest.
- Don’t have scrap leather laying around the house? Ask your friend who’s a textile major for some extra fabric, canvas or string. Scraps, yo.
My fellow Americans, as is my gift to you every year on this day, I present the bard of our time: Lee Greenwood.
You can glean what sartorial inspiration you will, but I’ll say one thing. White collar, blue shirt, red tie: Prime.