Materialism jokes aside, happy Christmas. Over the next few days, we’ll each be plugging five things any guy would be happy to have. (But really that we want to see under our own trees.) Can’t vouch for the other guys, but I tried to keep mine on a spectrum that doesn’t get too expensive.
1. These brogue boots (on sale for $276.50) by Grenson, because I’ve had my eye on ‘em for a while and it’s high time I did something about it before the obsession passes me by completely. (Edit: Literally overnight, I discovered that the boots are on hold from Mr. Porter—so rather than pick something else, let’s use it as a lesson. Strike fast.)
2. This bar roll-up ($135) from Cocktail Kingdom, because the skinny tools of the traveling bartender just get jumbled together without the proper carrying case. Waxed cotton, rugged leather, and designed with Jim Meehan, the mad genius behind New York’s worst-kept-secret speakeasy.
3. This wallet ($50) by Chester Mox, because they use Horween leather which is guaranteed to pique my interest, since the leather factor is just down the street from my house in Chicago. And obviously I’m very into broguing…to the point of going overboard.
4. This chunky knit cap ($20) by The Woodlands—even though yes it’s blue and I have too much blue stuff in my closet already for God’s sake will I stop buying blue—but something about it begs to me to yank it down over my ears and take a Christmas-morning walk to the back 40 acres while I’m home in Missouri.
5. This British-stripe bow tie ($15) by the Tie Bar, because I don’t own one and I’m embarrassed.
But enough about what I want. What have you guys got your greedy little eyes on this year? Let us know in the comments.