Yeesh. Already so late in the day. But never too late for an end-of-the-week wrap-up you can blow a whole Friday afternoon on. So, first thing’s first:
This Sunday. The last Dose Market of the year. We shot this back in July, but this time Seth will be behind one of the booths with Max Wastler (All Plaidout) dishing out the latest offerings from Buckshot Sonny’s.
Word is that Max will be debuting the Yosemite Shirt in collaboration with Taylor Stitch. Which looks a little something like this:
So, uh, come by and say hi. From the looks of this lineup, it looks like you can knock, oh I don’t know, ALL of your Christmas shopping. See you there, suckers.
Oh, and in case you’re looking for some quality reading to kill the rest of your Friday, check it:
- Our guy Brad Bennet (Well Spent) has been killing it. He’s guest blogging for Details (1 and 2). And in case you missed it, he published a fantastic gift guide: “40 items, all socially responsible, and all under $40. Don’t miss it. (Start here.)
- A couple of thoughtful takes on last week’s shopping madness and why—let’s be honest— you should avoid Black Friday and, oh, organize a family football game instead. (via Put This On and Real Men Real Style)
- Haven’t been, but this looks promising: Caleb Gardner has started a get-together for guys in a bar in Chicago. It ain’t about sports, and it ain’t about picking up chicks. It’s about manning up. Check out the Q&A. (via Man Up Chicago)
- A throwback, but some wise words about spending and thrift—but nary the twain shall meet. (via Effortless Gent)
- And finally, the non-style component: Hampton Stevens’ take on the “sitcom that loves Middle America.” That’s right. Parks and Rec. (via The Atlantic)
Now go knock out the weekend. Aim for the face.