If you really need someone to explain to you why Clint Eastwood is a badass, then you are simply not an American. Or maybe you’re just not a very good one. Anywho, since many thick, leather-bound books have been written about the life and work of Mr. Eastwood, lets take a look at some of the lesser known facts about the Hollywood legend.
- While Eastwood is frequently depicted smoking cigarettes in his films, he is in fact a life-long non-smoker. He also abstains from hard liquor, opting instead for cold beer.
- On top of a rather strenuous exercise routine, Eastwood is known for practicing exceptionally healthy eating habits and Transcendental Meditation.
- Eastwood, once a licensed pilot, was rather notorious for flying his helicopter to the studio to avoid traffic.
- Box Office Mojo claims that Eastwood’s films have collectively grossed somewhere north of 1.68 billion dollars domestically. If you’re as desensitized to numbers as I am, it helps to look at this way: $1,680,000,000.
- Eastwood originally intended to study music theory after honing his skills as a ragtime pianist in high school. His passion for music never declined and he eventually began composing scores for his own movies, including Mystic River and Changeling, whose score was nominated for a Golden Globe.
- He has seven children, by way of five different women. This may or may not come as a surprise, but he is oft described as a womanizer.
- Eastwood is currently married to California news anchor Dina Ruiz. She is 35 years his junior.
Age is just a number.
- Speaking of age, he lost his virginity at 14.